Friday, July 3, 2009

A feel a RAK coming on!

I jumped into scrap booking[well the shopping] purse first! And it was fun, but the result is a bunch of stuff! The project at the moment is scrapping Japan before I leave for NYC, however I leave for NYC in 13days. Needless to say that book will not be completed, but I am not kicking myself b/c I really want to those pages to be created out of pure experience and inspiration. So today was all about putting all of my scrapbook things away so I can start packing. So, why is that worth a blog post?? B/c I live in a 940square foot apartment, space is limited, and I have too much stuff! Like I stated before, when I started scrappin, I shopped like do with clothing, " I shoulda bought it when I saw it!" or " I may not wear it this season, but maybe next season." So I have alot of patterned paper, but limited basic colored paper. I have this huge stapler thing that I have never used on a page and stickers galore. And don't let me see acyclic stamps on sale. Its a wrap! In my defence, I have found some for $3.oo regular price $17 and I have used them. Books!I have found THE BEST scrapbook book in the super market bargin bin. My fav find was outside my door.Some was getting rid of glass squares that belonged to side tables. I swiped them cleaned them and Tadaaa! What used to protect my surface from the hot glue gun and other liquid adhesives! So in the fall, I will probably do a RAK or ask anyone if they want to swap anything. My mom is a Jane of all trades. So I sketched what I needed and she went into Home Depot and now I have some extra storage and I am alot more organized! I also used a dish drying rack to store my completed pages upright until I bind them. How do you keep your scrapbook area in order?


I also use a shoe rack on the back of the door in the guest bedroom as storage and the greenthing is suppose to be in my moms utility room, however I used it as storage too. Long time ago, I used collect samples from the Home Depots kichen department. They come in handy when you want to add texture or some weight to a page! I have used the marble patterned samples for matting a photo or journaling!

1 comments:

Toccara said...

A lot of stuff! I have not forgotten about your Prize I have made your keychain and I have been in a lot of challenges so i am a bit behind. Will ship this week coming up!