Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A BRIEF HISTORY OF SCRAPBOOKING

I work for the state health department and I visit a parenting class once a week. The majority of the class are Hispanic Immigrants. I walked in one day and they were scrapbooking. I was so excited.
As a part of the parenting class, the instructor introduced them to scrapbooking and they loved it( some of them). For some it was a way to express their love for their family for others it was a new found hobby.

Anyway, it just made me think that scrapbooking for some of us is a trendy hobby that is it the 'in" thing to do as a stay at home mom, or let's see who I can out scrap, but for others it is therapeutic. I found this article about the history of scrapbooking. It's a quick and interesting read! Meredith Happy Scrapping!

www.pagesoftheheart.net/artman/publish/article_727.shtml

0 comments: